Don't burn me at the stake, but here's some pics of my new babies
Mar 24, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #16 of 24
Oh, man...you are so fortunate. Congrats, on #496! I hope to get in on the next auction. Do let us know how they sound, with periodic updates, K? Until then, I will keep an eye out in the forums for an announcement from Todd as to the auction date. His site is now back up and running, I see.

I can't wait to own a set of these cans.
rs1smile.gif

I already have visions of Headphile mods
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #17 of 24
i'm guessing grado has several dozen on reserve for every time they want to start a stir, draw attention away from some other can, or make people over look the fact that they havn't released the street style yet.
congrats, on the cans, those are really the funnest of all grado phones.
PS: i was one of the ones who got Error 403 at 11.01 PC-time and kept refreshing for hours...still sad about it.
have fun! and post impressions.

Mar 24, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
Nice score G, ya gonna woody them like all the other SoFla boys?

I may have to, but it won't be anytime in the near future. I want to get a sense of the stock sound so I can appreciate the later upgrade.

Mar 25, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by solbergg
I may have to, but it won't be anytime in the near future. I want to get a sense of the stock sound so I can appreciate the later upgrade.

__________________________________________________ _______________

I'd do exactly the same...get to appreciate the stock sound first. From all I"ve read and heard in this group, the HF1 is really great sounding, and may be hard to part with, for modding . Still, I've seen some examples of Larry/Headphile's woody and cable work...visually, they are stunning...and I'm sure they make the sound even better. Wood just does that. It's hard to resist the beauty of full wood enclosures. I wouldn't blame you for wanting to get the full wood treatment. I'd venture, that they'd approach an RS1, in sound quality.
rs1smile.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #24 of 24
Here's my first impression so far:

Holy @#$@$%^*!!!!!!

Listening to Mr. Zombie right now, giving me freakin goosebumps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back