Donald Fagen - Damn!
Jan 8, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #16 of 20
Donald Fagen's album, The Nightfly, has been in heavy rotation in my car for sometime and I absolutely love it. Steely Dan is without question one of my favorite bands. I've even been accused of being obsessed with them, which in my eyes isn't a band thing.
tongue.gif
It's a shame that the majority of my friends think I am the one with poor taste in music, ohh well. I haven't Donald Fagen's other two solo albums but I'll be sure to take a listen in the coming days.

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume you're speaking of the MVI set. If so, you can save your money - no DVD-Audio.
frown.gif
My hope was the same. The 24/96 is DTS.

Yeah...appears that's the case. Looked it up on the Rhino Records site, and it's pretty clear that the PCM Advanced Resolution Stereo is 24/48...which isn't BAD, but I've got that already on "The Nightfly" and one better on "Morph the Cat".

I might still bite on it for the extras and remastered "Kamarakind"...but I might not too.
confused.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blutarsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay so I didn't want the title of this post to read "One man's meat.." but I digress.

Fellas, the bass is partly what make Morph so enjoyable for me.
biggrin.gif
Not that I don't enjoy Kamakiriad or the Firefly because there is less bass. BTW listen to "Snowbound" or "Countermoon" on Kamakiriad and you can hear the bass progression from The Nightfly to Morph the Cat.

Anyway, great that other folks are listening to this regardless of preference there really is something here for everyone.
tongue.gif

Years ago I had a buddy transfer Citizen Dan LP's to CD but some of the tracks are rough....still love them though. Wish I would have done the same with my other Dan LPs....
frown.gif

V/r,
Scott

I rather enjoy the pronounced bass on Morph. Especially with my set up, the ZEN and the Denon's - that whole record is right in my source/phone's sweet spot!

I'd love to find some digitization of virgin vinyl. Does anyone actually offer this or is it just a matter of finding someone to do it? It's a shame no one has gone the route of starting a business for the dap crowd. I just listened to my ripped copy of Aqualung last night at work and was thinking how great it would be to hear it in the quality of the Morph recording!

M.

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont think that Nightfly would sound right with a big bass to it. I like the way that it just sort of, floats.

Agreed,,steely dan ..donald fagen...a must for people who like real music...

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #20 of 20
Steely Dan always had some amazing sound to thier albums which made them a favorite for me. If it is the sound quality you seek, try some Al Stewert....melow stuff but some great engineering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back