Don Scorpio Dolphins
Oct 15, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #76 of 80

Looks like Donscorpio Dolphins are no longer being made. Only a few colors are left and the price is higher - $145. Too bad. I really love the sound.  

they break after a short while anyway. crappy build quality, and non-existent customer support at that.

They don't have build like V-moda but the sound is arguably better.

I agree definitely not a good set of cans if you're rough with your gear. No problems with mine.

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #77 of 80
They don't have build like V-moda but the sound is arguably better.

I agree definitely not a good set of cans if you're rough with your gear. No problems with mine.
Snap, had mine 2 years and still going strong. The weak link is the headband, just do not pull the cups too far apart from your head and they will last as long as you like. I've had some much more expensive cans and IEMs since, and they still hold their own.

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #78 of 80
I always baby my stuff, but these broke in the headband when I was putting them on my head. my first pair had a faulty driver. no quality control, no customer service; good riddance.

but yeah they did sound amazing.

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #79 of 80
I always baby my stuff, but these broke in the headband when I was putting them on my head. my first pair had a faulty driver. no quality control, no customer service; good riddance.

but yeah they did sound amazing.

Sorry to hear that. I'll be extra careful with mine! Mine had a driver problem too. At first i thought it was weird audio artifacts only revealed by the dolphin lol! Penon did a good job getting it repaired.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #80 of 80
Since the Dolphins seem to be discontinued....would the Status Audio HD Two's be a worthy alternative? They look 99.99% alike (including the case for the headphones), but am not sure if they sound the same. anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back