Dolby vs. DTS vs. 7.1 vs....?
Jul 29, 2009 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tom1l21

New Head-Fier
I just purchased the Claro Halo and I am more than satisfied with it. It sounds great through my HD595's. My one question though is what are all the options in the software "xear 3D" that came with it. I understand most of the settings except for the DSP mode and Flexbass. In DSP mode, you can choose from DOLBY Pro Logic IIX, dts Neo:pC, 7.1 Virtual Speaker shifter, and Dolby Headphone. You can also choose between a selection which enables and combines a few at the same time. What should I choose to optimize sound here? Any suggestions to choose from if I decide to do some occasional gaming as well? Thanks!

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 6
When I gaming I usually use Dolby Headphones, with speakers set to 5.1/7.1. Depending on which op-amp combos I using. I either use DH1 setting or DH2 setting.

I dont use Virtual speaker shifter as it fudge up the sound while using DH. For music I just use 2 channel speaker settings and 2 channels.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by genclaymore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I gaming I usually use Dolby Headphones, with speakers set to 5.1/7.1. Depending on which op-amp combos I using. I either use DH1 setting or DH2 setting.

I dont use Virtual speaker shifter as it fudge up the sound while using DH. For music I just use 2 channel speaker settings and 2 channels.

When you say you use 5.1/7.1, do you mean you either enable DTS or DPL IIx, and if so, which one is better in games?

Also, for just regular music lestening, which settings would you recommend? Thx!

EDIT: I turned off any DSP when listening to music, and wow, it sounds so fantastic. I guess gaming use Dolby Headphone in conjunction with DPL IIx or DTS?

lol @ Gogeta...

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #4 of 6
I mean i go into windows sound panel and set it to 5.1/7.1 then I go back to my Xonar CP and set it to HP and enable Dolby headphones. I dont use any ther options just Dolby headphones. I use this for movies and games.

For music I turn every thing off and use 2 channel setting in both my Xonar CP and windows sound panel.

Jul 30, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by genclaymore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mean i go into windows sound panel and set it to 5.1/7.1 then I go back to my Xonar CP and set it to HP and enable Dolby headphones. I dont use any ther options just Dolby headphones. I use this for movies and games.

For music I turn every thing off and use 2 channel setting in both my Xonar CP and windows sound panel.

Cool the 7.1 and DH sounds great. When u say 2-chanel, what do u mean by that? is that the headphones setting in both windows and xear?

Jul 30, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 6
Yes it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back