Dolby Headphone/ 7.1 Virtual Speakers not working with dual soundcard setup.
Nov 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Barman1942

New Head-Fier
I've got a set of PC350's plugged into an ASUS Xonar DGX and an HT Omega Claro (microphone sounds like garbage on the Claro), and Dolby Headphone/7.1 Virtual Speaker options in the Claro driver audio center doesn't seem to function anymore. I'm just getting flat, bad audio as if the headset were just plugged into the motherboard. Any help?

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Does Windows work properly with dual sound cards? I didn't realize it did. I thought it was only possible to configure one sound device as the default output device. Did you research first to find out if Windows will indeed support that?

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 4
  I've got a set of PC350's plugged into an ASUS Xonar DGX and an HT Omega Claro (microphone sounds like garbage on the Claro), and Dolby Headphone/7.1 Virtual Speaker options in the Claro driver audio center doesn't seem to function anymore. I'm just getting flat, bad audio as if the headset were just plugged into the motherboard. Any help?

Have you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS
Maybe remove the Omega Claro and just use the DGX?

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 4
Looks like it is possible to have two soundcards :http://www.head-fi.org/t/518081/two-sound-cards-in-windows-7

Learn something new every day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back