Dolby/DTS Pass-Thru Not Working with M-Audio Transit
Jan 19, 2006 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Manveer

Head-Fier
I've been trying to get my M-Audio transit to allow Dolby/DTS Pass-Thru to my Panasonic SA-XR55 receiver, but every time I do it, I get no sound at all. The sound works just fine if I switch it to "0 in, 2 out" or any of the other options, so I don't know what the problem is. I'm using an optical cable to my receiver, playing a genuine DVD that allows 5.1 DD output with Cyberlink PowerDVD.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 4
First, try just checking in PowerDVD to see that you have selected s/pdif as your output method. Also check to see if you have the pass through enabled in the driver.

If you're still not getting a signal, double check to see that you have windows configured to only use the analog out of the transit with PowerDVD and the transit driver configured as I mentioned above. Should work, if you're still stuck PM me and I'll try to help further.

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
First, try just checking in PowerDVD to see that you have selected s/pdif as your output method. Also check to see if you have the pass through enabled in the driver.

If you're still not getting a signal, double check to see that you have windows configured to only use the analog out of the transit with PowerDVD and the transit driver configured as I mentioned above. Should work, if you're still stuck PM me and I'll try to help further.

Geez, that was so simple...I feel like such a n00b (I guess I am)! I neglected to change the audio output to S/PDIF in PowerDVD.

Thanks!

Feb 1, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #4 of 4
I also have a problem getting Dolby/DTS 5.1 audio out through my Transit to my AV receiver when playing DVDs with PowerDVD. I've verified SPDIF is selected in the player and DD/DTS passthru in the Transit's control panel.

The Info panel in PowerDVD says:
Multispeaker Audio Device: M-Audio Transit USB AC3 (not in use)
SPDIF Output Device: Yamaha AC-XG Audio Device (not in use)
As you can see it recognzes that the Transit is there but doesn't use it. it also is looking to the on board Yamaha soundcard to provide SPDIF output (there is no SPDIF out).

Oddly I can get Dolby 5.1 DVDs to play with Zoomplayer if I configure Zoomplayer to use a stand alone AC3 filter. DivX with 5.1 audio is also fine.

Similarily DTS 5.1 audio through foobar won't work through my Transit though I can play them through the laptop PC's on board sound.

I've been trying this on two different Win XP laptops with out any luck.

Jasper994 (or anyone else), I didn't understand your instruction "double check to see that you have windows configured to only use the analog out of the transit with PowerDVD". Is that an OS or PowerDVD configuration? It would need to be OS if it's going to resolve problems with PowerDVD and foobar.

I'd appreciate any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back