Dolby Atmos for Headphones now available in Windows 10
Apr 28, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #106 of 109
Can someone with Atmos receiver setup confirm whether or not info bar shows Atmos?
Unfortunately I don't have an Atmos receiver. The info bar might still show TrueHD because the Xbox is sending a TrueHD stream to the receiver. The TrueHD stream contains an Atmos substream.
I have an Atmos receiver now, and the info bar just shows "Dolby TrueHD" while the receiver is decoding the Atmos substream.

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #107 of 109
I have an Atmos receiver now, and the info bar just shows "Dolby TrueHD" while the receiver is decoding the Atmos substream.
Thanks a lot for that. So it must be we’re probably is still correctly functioning when using Dolby Atmos for headphones. It does definitely sound quite a bit better on true hd or Atmos encoded films.

Jan 17, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #108 of 109
Hi guys, any idea if dolby atmos can support 24bit? My audioquest dragonfly usb dac cant support 16bit, only 24bits and i cant select spatial sound because this. Maybe a future update? Thanks!

I would like to know this as well as I'm thinking about buying a Myflower ARC which via USB only goes as low as 24/48.

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #109 of 109
That doesn't mean Xbox was also decoding TrueHD + Atmos. The Dolby Audio Decoder Media Foundation transform on Windows can decode only E-AC-3 + Atmos, and Xbox probably uses the same decoder. Even licensed Atmos decoders on various Android media players and LG webOS can decode only E-AC-3 + Atmos. I'm guessing only Blu-ray players are licensed to decode TrueHD, and I don't think any are licensed to decode TrueHD + Atmos.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back