Dolby Atmos EQ Settings
Mar 12, 2022 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SecrtAgentMan

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I recently bought a pair of Tygr 300R and also have a pair of HD560S. I game on a Series X. Currently I have an Astro MixAmp as a pre-amp feeding into a Magni Heresy from 3.5 mm to RCA. Alternatively I can connect to the Heresy with my controller using the same cord just taking the MixAmp offline.

I try to play with audio output in stereo uncompressed and find that it is okay but lacking in some detail. There is also just this feeling of hollowness/muddiness when moving around or firing a gun similar to if I had a cold or popped my eardrums on a flight.

If I switch over to Dolby Atmos using the Music or Movie pre-set I get more detail but things like explosions are a bit too much. Does anyone have an EQ profile for Atmos that they're using with CoD Warzone?

If not how can I start creating my own EQ to focus on reducing the hollowness/muddiness while having a focus on footsteps in game? For Atmos the adjustable frequencies are 32, 64, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, 16k with +/- 12 dB.

Mar 13, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 4
I've found that Dolby Atmos does strange things with Windows audio, and actually uninstalled it a long time ago.

From there, you can use something like Equalizer APO/Peace and find the EQ profiles specific to your headphone models, adjust the bands based on that, and tweak as you'd like.

Mar 13, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #3 of 4
I've found that Dolby Atmos does strange things with Windows audio, and actually uninstalled it a long time ago.

From there, you can use something like Equalizer APO/Peace and find the EQ profiles specific to your headphone models, adjust the bands based on that, and tweak as you'd like.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm on Xbox so unfortunately not many options for EQ apart from Dolby. I have the option to use Windows Sonic or stick with stereo uncompressed.

Mar 13, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm on Xbox so unfortunately not many options for EQ apart from Dolby. I have the option to use Windows Sonic or stick with stereo uncompressed.
Oh, I see but I don't have an Xbox X to provide a recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back