Doh!
Sep 2, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #316 of 324
Cool... congrats Ed! The first 2-3 months are the most brutal. The sleep deprivation is a killer. The next ~3 months are by far the easiest... She's still on formula (no need to pack food, just a bottle of warm water and powder formula and youre good to go). She's sleeping mostly through the night, and she is not mobile and walking/crawling yet. If you haven't already, invest in a baby bijorn its, worth every penny. Heck you can buy them used for ~$25.

Enjoy this phase, soon she will be starting jarred baby foods, and that complicates things a little.
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #317 of 324
Sounds like you're getting out of the forest now and enjoying a tree or two! When they're about 7-9 months, they start becoming more like infants and less like baby maintenance machines. That's when 10 percent suddenly jumps to 80 percent and imho is the sweet spot until the terrible twos/threes (which really isn't terrible with some kids, my kiddo's 3.5yrs and he's still a good boy).

but yeah. jarred baby slop. the solid food days are a-comin. they stink. so does the poo that it generates. ewwww.

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #318 of 324
Phoebe now has a cousin by the name of Elise. I neglected to mention this one, but my brother and his wife have been expecting, and Elise was born last night.

Phoebe already has a couple of cousins on her mother's side of the family, but they are much older than her, the oldest being almost 19. Elise is the first cousin on her daddy's side.

I haven't quite shared all of the frustrating experience of a newborn with my brother yet. He will probably get lucky and not have a colicky baby. But if he does, I will offer my advice and support. While laughing quietly to myself.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #319 of 324
Hi Edwood,

First of all congratulations on the niece, I don't know haw far apart you niece and you daughter will be from each other as they grow up , but later on when she grows up a little more maybe her and your daughter can keep each other entertained, allowing both sets of parents a little chill time.

hey was that a typo? referring to your brother as "her",
biggrin.gif

ALoha

Sep 8, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #320 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Edwood,

First of all congratulations on the niece, I don't know haw far apart you niece and you daughter will be from each other as they grow up , but later on when she grows up a little more maybe her and your daughter can keep each other entertained, allowing both sets of parents a little chill time.

hey was that a typo? referring to your brother as "her",
biggrin.gif

ALoha

With so many girls in the family now, I am used to saying "her" now.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Oct 10, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #322 of 324
Haven't posted pics in awhile, so here goes. (Click the pics for a larger version)

MoMo and Phoebe love their stroller rides. And yes, MoMo will actually rides in the stroller like that.

Obligatory Headphone wearing pics. Her facial expressions bwtween the two headphones are priceless.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #324 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obligatory Headphone wearing pics. Her facial expressions bwtween the two headphones are priceless.
tongue.gif

Ed, she clearly knows what she's hearing. And she doesn't like the veil, by the looks of it!

She's going to be asking for a Qualia for her 10th birthday instead of a pony, I tell ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back