Doge 6210 with Rega Planet CDP
May 12, 2007 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

John D.

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone using the Doge 6210 with the original Rega Planet? or any Rega CDP for that matter.
I'm considering a purchase of the Doge 6210 and I have an original Rega Planet. I'm currently
running the Planet thru a Little Dot ll++.The sound is nothing to complain about, but I would like
to upgrade my headamp, and was wondeing if the Doge 6210 would be a significant upgrade to
the Little Dot. The only thing holding me back so far is the size of the Doge, it's a quite a bit bigger
than my Little Dot, and I would have to make some changes in my gear set-up.

Thanks,
JD
eggosmile.gif

May 12, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 7
I don't have a Rega but I here great things about all their players. Synergy should be sweet.
Personally, once I get my Doge back (and it will be kickin' no doubt about it!) I'm investing in a Music Hall CD25.2 CD Player Level-2+ mod from the Underwood/pcX collaboration. It was a close race between the Rega Saturn and the Music Hall CD25.2 L2+, but I like what those folks at pcX do so the latter won in a telephone free landslide victory!

May 13, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 7
I believe that drarthurwells uses the Doge with a Rega Saturn and is extremely pleased with the combination. Take a look at the Doge 6210 thread in Headphone Amps and the Rega Saturn thread in Dedicated Sources.

May 13, 2007 at 8:59 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctemkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe that drarthurwells uses the Doge with a Rega Saturn and is extremely pleased with the combination. Take a look at the Doge 6210 thread in Headphone Amps and the Rega Saturn thread in Dedicated Sources.

Absolutely true.

I loved my Rega Apollo which is significantly better than the old model Planet. I got my Apollo new for just over $800 from a Rega dealer on the East Coast.

The Saturn (costing twice as much as the Apollo) is even better than the Apollo.

Do a search on these on the dedicated source forum on this site, as well as on other CDPs. Some really good opinions can be found there.

May 13, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have a Rega but I here great things about all their players. Synergy should be sweet.
Personally, once I get my Doge back (and it will be kickin' no doubt about it!) I'm investing in a Music Hall CD25.2 CD Player Level-2+ mod from the Underwood/pcX collaboration. It was a close race between the Rega Saturn and the Music Hall CD25.2 L2+, but I like what those folks at pcX do so the latter won in a telephone free landslide victory!

Yes, the Music Hall CD25.2 CD Player is a Chinese Shanling CD-S100 MkII and should sound good with the mods you are getting.

May 13, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely true.

I loved my Rega Apollo which is significantly better than the old model Planet. I got my Apollo new for just over $800 from a Rega dealer on the East Coast.

The Saturn (costing twice as much as the Apollo) is even better than the Apollo.

Do a search on these on the dedicated source forum on this site, as well as on other CDPs. Some really good opinions can be found there.

This is what I was afraid of!

Now I'm in the Upgrade everthing but the headphone's mode LOL
wink.gif
been lusting after an Apollo lately too!
If only I had enough money to match my desires. So what's the best one to upgrade first? the headamp or the CDP? Probably be a while before I can do both.

Thanks,
JD
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back