Dog-fi
Nov 23, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #226 of 922
The latest editon to my family, another Bull Terrier -SPOOKY

Nov 24, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #227 of 922
There's a benefit to having an old dog that remains fairly stationary these days: he's easy to take pictures of.

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #231 of 922

Quote:
Meet cledus, hes in my avatar. Hes 3 years old and best friends with my kids.

Gorgeous pit!  Our red nose, Cassius, gets along with all kids, and all 4-legged creatures.  He tempers his play to whoever his partner is, and if things get out of hand or the another dog gets aggressive he'll back off.  He loves kids and all people he meets.  He's got his CGC (Canine Good Citizen) certifications, is TT (Temperament Tested), and works with my wife as a certified Therapy Dog visiting schools and hospitals on occasion.  So much for the vicious pitbull breeds!  Breed specific prejudice is total B.S. largely generated by media hype - it's no better then judging a person by their ethnicity or skin color. 

OK, stepping down from the podium now.  Enjoying all the new pics in this thread!  I love dogs. Can't imagine life without them.

Here's Cassius performing a flight test for NASA:

/lib/ckeditor/images/spacer.gif?t=A8LE4JO_2

Nov 30, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #232 of 922

They do get a bad rap, i believe it's the people who own them. I have had Pitbulls all my life and never had a problem. My girls are 5 and 8 and you know how brutal kids can be with anything. Cledus's grandpa Bub's just past away a few months ago and we are very sad still he was my best friend, he made it to 15 years of age, had him since he was 7 weeks. My dad even has one and hes an old fart lol. She keeps him on his toes though.One of the smartest dogs out there IMO. For some reason i cant see your pic.
Quote:

Quote:

Gorgeous pit!  Our red nose, Cassius, gets along with all kids, and all 4-legged creatures.  He tempers his play to whoever his partner is, and if things get out of hand or the another dog gets aggressive he'll back off.  He loves kids and all people he meets.  He's got his CGC (Canine Good Citizen) certifications, is TT (Temperament Tested), and works with my wife as a certified Therapy Dog visiting schools and hospitals on occasion.  So much for the vicious pitbull breeds!  Breed specific prejudice is total B.S. largely generated by media hype - it's no better then judging a person by their ethnicity or skin color. 

OK, stepping down from the podium now.  Enjoying all the new pics in this thread!  I love dogs. Can't imagine life without them.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #233 of 922
Sorry about the video link.  I always seem to have a problem linking YouTube vids here.  If anyone can advise please do.  I've tried the long URL, the short URL, as well as the complete embed code.  None of them seem to work.  Here's the simple link to the video, but you'll obviously have to click on it to get there. 

Yes, I agree....actually I'd add to that that it's a combination of some of the people who own them, some of the people who breed them, and the media hyping the breed of the moment (once it was Rotweillers...when I was a kid it was German Shepherds, lots of the bully breeds...mostly very highly intelligent dogs).  If you look at actual bite / aggression statistics you will find pitbulls are way down on that list.  I think the last time I checked one of the poodle breeds...or maybe it was Chihuahua  was at the top of that list.  Here's a good site to get another slant on the story that you just don't see often enough in the media since "it doesn't bleed".  This doesn't mean the breed is for everyone...they certainly are not, just like any breed, they do suit some people better than others.  Do your homework there. 

Guido - thanks for the dogstory!  I've had two other pitbull/amstaffs, and a bullmastiff as well (those two breeds are just a wonderful complement to each other).  The bullmastiff was a very special dog.  Losing a dog is no different than losing any family member.  Our losses have been devastating - they just don't live long enough. Bub's lived a long life though. My previous pit, Jax, died peacefully at 13.  The day before she passed she was playing like a puppy!  Cool about your dad's dog - they are a lot of dog to handle and whip smart for sure.  When I had two of them together I once left them with my parents to take care of while I took a trip abroad.  They lasted three days and had to enlist my brother's help.  Like I said, not necessarily for everyone. 

Quote:
They do get a bad rap, i believe it's the people who own them. I have had Pitbulls all my life and never had a problem. My girls are 5 and 8 and you know how brutal kids can be with anything. Cledus's grandpa Bub's just past away a few months ago and we are very sad still he was my best friend, he made it to 15 years of age, had him since he was 7 weeks. My dad even has one and hes an old fart lol. She keeps him on his toes though.One of the smartest dogs out there IMO. For some reason i cant see your pic.
Quote:

Quote:

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #235 of 922
^^ Sweet!

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #236 of 922
She's such a diva tho, lol.  She's as bad as my girlfriend.

That's a picture my girlfriend took of them two.  The dog will huff all the time if she doesn't get what she wants, then she will pout, etc. Lol

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #237 of 922
Ha! Great shot! Good looking mix (Heeler - Boxer).
Lying in that flat-out, flying Superman type position...

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #239 of 922
@ mierenneuker.
I love these dogs ! What a cutie !

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #240 of 922
these are all really cute!
i wanna show my little girl to the world then

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/998/dsc00373x.jpg
taken with Sony DSLR

got for my birthday last year during 1st year of university

Users who are viewing this thread

Back