Dog-fi
Jan 4, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #62 of 922
My dog just died a few days ago
frown.gif
.. It was a shih-tzu. Nicest dog ever! Died way too soon, for reasons unknown. Took her to a vet, but didnt know what was wrong.

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #64 of 922

New puppy at my house... She is a teacup Pomeranian named Picklefritz ("Pickles" for short).

Jan 21, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #65 of 922
Jan 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #66 of 922
Quote:

Originally Posted by FourierMakesFunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dukephones.jpg

That picture actually made me choke on my gum. Classic!

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #68 of 922
I absolutely love dogs, I have two, my 12 year old Yorkie named Brandy and my 1 year old Yorkie/Bischon mix named Sammi (pictured as my avatar). The older one, Brandy didn't really like the puppy when we got her last year, but she has since grown on her and they play together a lot now. I really believe that getting the puppy is keeping our older dog young, the last few years she didn't really like to play very much but since getting the puppy she is a lot more active.

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #71 of 922
Loving dog-fi!

Here are my two doberman's, Gotham (black boy) and Athena (red girl). Gotham is 1 and Athena is 19 months. They are best friends who have basically torn the house apart.

Athena comes from not so great breeding, but she is a real sweetheart and loves people (as long as we let her know they are okay). Gotham comes from AKC show champion lines (all show champions on his moms and dad side) and is much more aloof when it comes to people and strangers. He is my velcro dog and would spend all of his time leaning on me if I gave him the chance.

(sorry for all the pics, but they are our babies)

snapshot2.png

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_2193.jpg

DSC_5551.jpg

DSC_5573.jpg

DSC_5836.jpg

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #72 of 922
Our red-nose pitbull, Cassius, in hot pursuit of his newly found girlfriend, Lucky, on the beach:

CassiusNLucky2b.jpg

Lucky plays hard to get:

CassiusNLucky3.jpg

...but Cassius finally wins her over with his charm:

CassiusNLucky4.jpg

...both dogs are total sweethearts, btw. Cassius is my third pitbull. The breed has a completely undeserved reputation based upon a group of the wrong kind of people choosing them as breed of the moment (before this it was Rottweillers, back when I was kid it was Dobermans). There are no bad dogs...just bad people. In between Cassius and my previous two pitbulls we had Diesel, a bullmastiff.....an absolutely extraordinary dog (they all are...Diesel was really special...a gentle giant who would make dog lovers out of people who were otherwise terrified of dogs. He was 120 lbs and the runt of his litter. We lost him about two years ago. He's left a big hole in our hearts.

Here's Diesel and my first pitbull, Jax, who were inseparable friends:

Diesel&Jax.jpg

And here's the mommy's boy in his later years:

mom.jpg

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #73 of 922
Totally agree about pitbulls getting a bad rap due to them being the FOTM for rappers, etc. They are great dogs who love being around their owners!

Seems like now they are being replaced as the "it" bad dog by the Dogo Argetino's and the Cane Corso.

A tip for possible future owners of strong, working breeds (dobermans, rotts, apbts, gsds, etc). If you are a first time owner or have other dogs in the house, please try not to house two male dogs. While they can co-exist peacefully, I've seen many a time where someone has two male dobermans (or pitbulls, etc) and they have to keep them separated because the dogs try to rip each other part whenever they get close to one another.

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #74 of 922
I'll third the view about owners being the culprit for aggressive dogs. Pitbulls got such a bad press here in the uk, due to them being bred for fighting, that its illegal to breed them now along with a select few other breeds under the dangerous dogs act.

Over here its staffies that are used as a status symbol, so much so in fact I don't trust the breed now even though I know they can be lovely playful things when looked after properly.

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #75 of 922

Users who are viewing this thread

Back