Does Zu Oxyfuel have signal direction?
May 10, 2007 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lmf22

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got a pair of Zu Oxyfuel RCA cables from eBay. This is my first high-quality audio cable so I don't know much about them. It does not seem to have a signal direction arrow. Does that mean I can plug it in in any either direction (away or towards source)?

Also, it is very stiff. Does it break easily when bent too far?

May 12, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 3
Howdy.

I can't find it on the Zu site anymore but they used to recommend placing the end of the cable with the Oxyfuel label at the source and the other end at the amp. I really don't think it matters as long as you're consistent with how you hook it up - the 'label at one end' philosophy could just be to help you remember which end goes where.

As for its stiffness, as long as you don't attempt any sharp 90 degree bends you'll be fine. The cable has a single solid core conductor with a bend radius of 8cm, so use that as a guideline when shaping it. I actually like how it holds its shape as opposed to some cables which tend to 'droop' onto other adjacent cables.

Hope that helps!

May 12, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeppelin2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howdy.

I can't find it on the Zu site anymore but they used to recommend placing the end of the cable with the Oxyfuel label at the source and the other end at the amp. I really don't think it matters as long as you're consistent with how you hook it up - the 'label at one end' philosophy could just be to help you remember which end goes where.

As for its stiffness, as long as you don't attempt any sharp 90 degree bends you'll be fine. The cable has a single solid core conductor with a bend radius of 8cm, so use that as a guideline when shaping it. I actually like how it holds its shape as opposed to some cables which tend to 'droop' onto other adjacent cables.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the information!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back