Does your gear sound better on some day's??
Jul 14, 2007 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

fc911c

500+ Head-Fier
I don't know maybe it's just me but it seems like on some day's everything sounds great and then not so great the next. I am wondering if allergies might have something to do with it, or maybe your mood. Anyone esle feel this way?

Frank

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 55
definitely. I find that music sounds better to me in the evening and night then when i first wake up.

plus theres some days where my set up doesnt sound hifi at all
frown.gif

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 55
Ok at least I am not alone. I agree at night doe's it for me when all is quiet and a dark room sounds best. Yesterday I got my new Gs1000's and couldn't take them off, I tried the HD650's and quickly removed them. Today HD650's sound better. What the heck is going on here. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
definitely. I find that music sounds better to me in the evening and night then when i first wake up.

frown.gif

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #4 of 55
I took my PX100s with me on my daily bike ride today. I was in the mood to just ride slow and chill out (which is why I chose them) and when I put them on, I was like "holy carp! where did all of this detail and energy come from? These can't possibly be Sennheisers."

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 55
I prefer to listen to my gear in the dark, where i can concentrate myself in the music only without having any distraction. But i don't think the gear sounds different. For me it's just a matter of how do you really wanna listen to it. Does this makes any sense? Does for me ...
icon10.gif

On the other hand, allergy has a lot of influence. When i've a nose allergy, it seems my hearing isn't in it's normal accurate level. So it seems different ...

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif

Agreed. With me it's all about my mood. While my setup usually sounds better at night, if I've had a bad day at work, it just doesn't sound good at all. However, on days when my mood is high, my rig sound downright awesome.

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #7 of 55
wow I cant beleave you said that. I put on the px100 with my shuffle and they sounded better than everything else I have. Whats up with that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I took my PX100s with me on my daily bike ride today. I was in the mood to just ride slow and chill out (which is why I chose them) and when I put them on, I was like "holy carp! where did all of this detail and energy come from? These can't possibly Sennheisers."

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 55
yes I agree its not the gear changing sound, I think LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer to listen to my gear in the dark, where i can concentrate myself in the music only without having any distraction. But i don't think the gear sounds different. For me it's just a matter of how do you really wanna listen to it. Does this makes any sense? Does for me ...
icon10.gif

On the other hand, allergy has a lot of influence. When i've a nose allergy, it seems my hearing isn't in it's normal accurate level. So it seems different ...

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #9 of 55
good, glad to hear it, I thought I just wasted a lot of money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. With me it's all about my mood. While my setup usually sounds better at night, if I've had a bad day at work, it just doesn't sound good at all. However, on days when my mood is high, my rig sound downright awesome.

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #10 of 55
For me, there was a little placebo going on. Before my ride, I stumbled across this:

6frtxxs.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc911c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow I cant beleave you said that. I put on the px100 with my shuffle and they sounded better than everything else I have. Whats up with that?

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #13 of 55
excuse the dumb question but what is that graff telling you. I know it's comparing the senns to the RS1's?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, there was a little placebo going on. Before my ride, I stumbled across this:

6frtxxs.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #15 of 55
i don't know about some days, but my igrado's sound fabulous when i'm outside. i notice the bass more, haven't a clue why
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back