Does your fuse sit tight?
May 31, 2022 at 8:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ludique

100+ Head-Fier
How your audiophile or regular fuse fits into and sits in the fuse holder is a thing to consider.

Some fuses have the values pressed on the end caps, which can be a bad thing. There are of course many types of fuse holders, some make contact only at the ends. Here I am pressing the fuse at a cylinder and you can see how the contact is compromised.

I am also implying that every time a fuse is taken out and put back in, it may sit better or worse in the holder, thus sounding different. The end caps can also be a bit crooked not to mention slight differences in size.

Attachments

• 36CBE8A7-DA82-4950-8C2E-AFC31B649B09.jpeg
    36CBE8A7-DA82-4950-8C2E-AFC31B649B09.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 2
How your audiophile or regular fuse fits into and sits in the fuse holder is a thing to consider.

Some fuses have the values pressed on the end caps, which can be a bad thing. There are of course many types of fuse holders, some make contact only at the ends. Here I am pressing the fuse at a cylinder and you can see how the contact is compromised.

I am also implying that every time a fuse is taken out and put back in, it may sit better or worse in the holder, thus sounding different. The end caps can also be a bit crooked not to mention slight differences in size.
good point and that's why I apply contact enhancer to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back