Does your fiio e11 clip at high volume?
Dec 29, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 9
It could be your headphones, but it could also be that you are running out of your music player too loud and your fiio not loud enough or vice versa. Try playing with value ratios, some different headphones, and first of all some different music files in FLAC or 320.

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 9
I've never heard any cliping on my E11 even at max volume which I had to use with a pair of headphones that were 300 ohms.  Like the post above said I might be the headphones.

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #4 of 9
I don't know which headphones you're using but my DT 1350s are 80 ohms and my volume knob never goes past 3 on the E11, anything beyond that would be uncomfortably loud.

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #5 of 9
Hey guys, thank you for all your replys. Well the clipping is both heard on my sony xb500 and xb700 headphones and it only happens on the bass, at high volumes. So whats your opinion on this situation, is it the headphones that cant take the bass or the amp clips the signal at high volumes? Somebody also said on headfi that there headphones, the m50s clip past 6 on a fiio e11, on high gain and bassboost set to 2, so i am not sure if its my headphones or do i need a better amp to drive them with clean power?

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #6 of 9
Someone else mentioned the player too, what player are you plugging the E11 into and what's the volume setting on that?  Sometimes too much input volume could cause clipping.  I bypass that by using a line out adapter to connect the my iPod to the E11, which connects to the dock output instead of the headphone jack and bypasses the iPod's internal amp.

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Hello headfiers, just wondering do you experience the bass clipping on the fiio e11 past volume 6 on high gain, with bass boost on 2, on your headphones?

I never turn mine past 3 on low gain, low voltage....either with or without bass boost.
blink.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #9 of 9
Yeah, forgot to mention I also always keep mine on low gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back