Does Westone repair or replace earphones during RMA?
Aug 19, 2007 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

liquidfireboy

Head-Fier
If I send my IEM in for servicing, do I get a refub/repaired or a new one?

UM2.

many thanks
redface.gif

Aug 19, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 10
Okay there's been no reply for couple minutes so I'll chime in. The Jays rep said that IEMs do no undergo repair, so they'll send a new one. I can only assume that this is a universal thing, since Shure sent me a new E500 when I sent it for warranty repair.

Aug 19, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay there's been no reply for couple minutes so I'll chime in. The Jays rep said that IEMs do no undergo repair, so they'll send a new one. I can only assume that this is a universal thing, since Shure sent me a new E500 when I sent it for warranty repair.

that was what i thought too.

The last time I sent one in, I got back one that has soft, yellowish stress relievers (the rubber part) and filters with earwax inside. The one I sent in had hard, clear stress relievers.

btw, my um2 is still under warranty.

Aug 19, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidfireboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that was what i thought too.

The last time I sent one in, I got back one that has soft, yellowish stress relievers (the rubber part) and filters with earwax inside. The one I sent in had hard, clear stress relievers.

btw, my um2 is still under warranty.

I'd be contacting tech support about that and demanding a new replacement.

Aug 19, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be contacting tech support about that and demanding a new replacement.

that was like 6 mths ago. And the um2 was sent in by a local distributor. I didn't deal with Westone directly.

I only posted this thread because I need to send the thing in for servicing again. So had to ask...

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #7 of 10
I've sent a pair of UM2s to Westone for repair/checkup when something didn't sound quite right. They ran a frequency test on all four drivers, replaced the casing and put in new filters. I believe the cables and drivers were the original but the plastic was new. Other than that, no issues.

Their customer support has been very good in my experience. They have also been very friendly and helpful when I've called them on the phone.

If you got back a pair with wax and yellowished cables, I'd definitely complain becuase something is amiss.

-Jeff

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 10
I've sent in my UM2 back in DEC 14 with the RMA number RTS 02422.

As far as today I'm still waiting. If there's charges at least someone at Westone need to let me know. I've spend over $250 on the damn earphone already so another $100 to get it work right would hurt less than having the left ear driver going out when the cable got wiggled.

And if they don't want to fix it just return it back, I'll sell it here for $100 so someone else with skills could re-cable it.

Apr 3, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #9 of 10
Westone has the best customer service on the planet, bar none. Doug and Dale are legendary. Just call them and all will be fine.

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #10 of 10
Hi, i know its long time ago thread, but imma just throw this out here.

Hows westone repair service? i have sent my iem earlier this week, but havent heard it back. How long does it take?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back