Does "un-burn-in" or "reverse-burn-in" exist?
Mar 15, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #16 of 17
You guys need to go back and read some previous threads.

Hirsch has more experience with more different headphones than 99% of the members here. He doesn’t make wild claims; he listens and understands what he’s hearing.

He has owned the SR200’s and he clearly stated that they need to be used regularly to sound their best. If they are allowed to sit for a long period of time they need to be run for awhile to get back to the level they had while being used.

You guys can think all you want. There’s a Big difference between thinking what something sounds like and thinking what changes might occur and actually listening to the sound and hearing the changes for yourself.

There’s a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience here on Head-Fi if you chose to listen to it and then try it for yourself- you might learn something. If you think you know everything already then you’re wasting your time here.

Mitch

Mar 15, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
IMO something like this does exist (sort of). When you don't use something regularly, it can settle into a less than optimal state. Most people will know what I'm talking about, but it's not exactly reverse burn-in.

Precisely. Its true for a lot of things with movable parts, they 'lose their memory', which is my best analogy!
Its not burn in though, I 'd reckon its a case of a few hours use as opposed to 100s of hours burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back