Does this setup sound good for gaming, music, and tv?
Nov 28, 2010 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JasonZ10

100+ Head-Fier
After a bit of research I've decided with the Polk Audio RM95 Home Theatre Speaker System, with the Onkyo TX-SR508 Receiver. The only question I still have is, what is a good subwoofer to get? I love bass and listen to lots of music with bass, and I'm considering the Polk Audio PSW110 but it's kind of pricey so I need suggestions.

Hey Head-Fi,
I'm in the market for new speakers for my computer, and I'm not looking for anything too extraordinary but I still want good quality. I know Bose isn't the best priced company or the best quality but their Companion 5s look pretty good. My friend has the Companion 3s (which are pretty much the same just lower quality and such) and they sound great. I don't know if the simulated surround sound sounds great (it seems like kind of a gimmick) but it's a pretty neat feature to have. 

Another option for me is a basic home theatre setup, because I'd like good sound on my TV also. I don't know at all where to go with it but I'd be looking for 2 - 4 book shelf speakers, a center channel, a good subwoofer, and a cheap receiver. The only problem is, I'm going to end up spending close to $1000 for a full decent system if I'm not buying one of the crappy Sony or other brand pre-built packages. The brand I've been looking most at is Polk Audio because it's good quality, and not too expensive for the most part.

So the real question is, are the Companion 5s worth it? And if not, what's a good home theatre set up for me that's $600 or under if possible.

Thanks//.. 

EDIT: I'm also considering M-Audio Studiophiles AV40 or similar because from what I've heard they have great all around sound and you don't need a sub.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 3
Bump

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Another bump :/ I want to order these soon :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back