Does this headphone exist !?
May 26, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #16 of 23
  http://www.amazon.it/MARSHALL-MONITOR-headphones-cuffie-professionali/dp/B00D3ITOHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432653008&sr=8-1&keywords=marshall+monitor

Still higher than your budget, I got mine from American Amazon

yes, in italy we usually convert $ to € directly. or even most of the times much more expensive that price of a product in dollars (example : apple.it)

May 26, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #17 of 23
Another question : What about the impedance of headphones ? I read somewhere 32 ohm is sufficient for sansa clip +, does it mean if I get a headphone with more ohm, i just waist my money?

No. Important here is the efficiency.
There are 250-600 ohm headphones, that are easier to drive, than others with just 38-100~ Ohm.

Look the heapdhone as a whole, the impedance, technology and efficiency.

My beyerdynamic T90 (Tesla drivers are very efficient) is just as loud as my 32 Ohm Superlux 681. My smartphone can drive them just easy peasy (100% volume on my smartphone, without any external amp, is way too loud for me to endure)

May 27, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #18 of 23
  No. Important here is the efficiency.
There are 250-600 ohm headphones, that are easier to drive, than others with just 38-100~ Ohm.

Look the heapdhone as a whole, the impedance, technology and efficiency.

My beyerdynamic T90 (Tesla drivers are very efficient) is just as loud as my 32 Ohm Superlux 681. My smartphone can drive them just easy peasy (100% volume on my smartphone, without any external amp, is way too loud for me to endure)

now it is clear and even more complicated :)

seems there is realy not much choice for me. so we finished the list of possible choices? 

May 27, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #19 of 23

Quote:

Today I went to mediaworld and tried a headphone that I really liked it. it size and sound quality was great, but the price was too much for me ! *******it 179€!!! I show you the photo so you have an idea what I am looking for : bose AE2

it covers the ear and it is very light , flexible and somehow invisible 

it is "around the ear" type of headphone.

It didn't come up in the suggestions (and I don't think it would have even if there were ten other people chiming in) because Bose is generally seen to have a bad performance to price ratio, and that's being nice about it (not that I don't believe, but some fanatics can be very nasty about what they think of Bose). It's basically more of a lifestyle system marketed to people with money, that is, making them as unobtrusive as possible, and it costs a lot to maintain good sound quality at the relative sizes of gear that they make relative to products designed for performance with less compromises. Even then the sound isn't really all that good for the price.

However if noise active noise cancelling is important and the AE2 has it then that's a good deal. Other brands have ANC at that price range but they're probably a little bit bigger, at least you've already seen this one in the flesh. You could always just save up.

now it is clear and even more complicated :)

Basically, think of the comparison between a 250ohm, 125db sensitivity headphone vs a 32ohm, 88db headphone to be like comparing a KTM Crossbow (125db) to a Mercedes CLS (88db). One has a tiny 2.0 engine, but it's moving an ultralight chassis; the other is a huge V8, but has to move nearly two tonnes. One of them easily turns at the corners, the other can't power out to gain an advantage even with a fancy 4Matic system.

seems there is realy not much choice for me. so we finished the list of possible choices? 

There's also the Brainwavz HM5 but it's large. Basically, at the price point you're at, something has to give. You either spend more to get the Bose or you make do with the size.

May 27, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #20 of 23

It didn't come up in the suggestions (and I don't think it would have even if there were ten other people chiming in) because Bose is generally seen to have a bad performance to price ratio, and that's being nice about it (not that I don't believe, but some fanatics can be very nasty about what they think of Bose). It's basically more of a lifestyle system marketed to people with money, that is, making them as unobtrusive as possible, and it costs a lot to maintain good sound quality at the relative sizes of gear that they make relative to products designed for performance with less compromises. Even then the sound isn't really all that good for the price.

However if noise active noise cancelling is important and the AE2 has it then that's a good deal. Other brands have ANC at that price range but they're probably a little bit bigger, at least you've already seen this one in the flesh. You could always just save up.

Basically, think of the comparison between a 250ohm, 125db sensitivity headphone vs a 32ohm, 88db headphone to be like comparing a KTM Crossbow (125db) to a Mercedes CLS (88db). One has a tiny 2.0 engine, but it's moving an ultralight chassis; the other is a huge V8, but has to move nearly two tonnes. One of them easily turns at the corners, the other can't power out to gain an advantage even with a fancy 4Matic system.

There's also the Brainwavz HM5 but it's large. Basically, at the price point you're at, something has to give. You either spend more to get the Bose or you make do with the size.

great explanation 
smile.gif
 , I think I try to search on-ear category to find a good pair of headphone. before you suggest momentum, I really dont like its look so please suggest other headphones

May 27, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #21 of 23
So for those who doesnt want to read ever line in topic :
I am looking for on-ear headphone which doesnt leak sound (so wont disturb others in bus) and also I want something very comfortable.
I cannot afford more than 100€/110$ 

May 28, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #22 of 23
  So for those who doesnt want to read ever line in topic :
I am looking for on-ear headphone which doesnt leak sound (so wont disturb others in bus) and also I want something very comfortable.
I cannot afford more than 100€/110$ 

My favorite headphones in category above are those from sennheiser and sony . could you suggest some good quality one? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back