Does this exist? Simpl A1-like w/ integrated dock?
Aug 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

spacedman

New Head-Fier
As an ipod user and a current owner of one of the original Headroom Airhead portable amps, I have recently admired the form factor of the Simpl A1 portable amp. In my mind the ideal form factor for pairing with an ipod would be something built more or less like the Simpl A1 with it's ipod "backpack" housing but that included an integrated dock (kind of a L-shaped backpack) so that the ipod's headphone output could be bypassed without resorting to a separate and awkward line-out/dock cable Even better would be something like this with an integrated crossfeed circuit.

Does anything like this even exist or am I just overlooking it? It seems like the Simpl people were on the right track but then stopped short. I would imagine many small manufacturers are hesitant to integrate a line-out dock in their amps as this would restrict their potential customers to Apple products but given the huge amount of dedicated ipod products on the market I would think somebody(wink,nudge Headroom) would be willing to build an amp like this. If something like this doesn't exist, any thoughts on why this is so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back