Does this exist? 2.5mm to 2x3.5mm
Apr 29, 2009 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mysticcal

New Head-Fier
Okay, so I would like to use voice communications in xbox live. I also have nice Sennheiser HD595 that I refuse to annoy myself by using a headset as well. The way you're supposed to do it is plug your headset into the controller. what i'd like to do is find this magical adapter. plug the 3.5mm ends into my soundcard in order to amplify voice I hear as well as use my webcam in order to speak so I don't mess up my stuff. it's 3 ringed mono / mic / gnd I believe.

I think i'm gonna have to put my soldering skills to the test and make it myself.

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 6
I was looking for the same thing for xbox live but the closest I think your giong to get is a 3.5 splitter then use a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter. If someone has found what he is asking that makes two of us that would like one.

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #3 of 6
You could probably rig one up yourself, I'll be taking my friends 360 back soon and I'll probably end up doing something like that. Stupid 360 headsets break all the time anyway.

I might try something like that when I get it back. You're talking about taking the cord coming out of the controller where the mic plug goes in, and having one line going out for the voice and one line going in for the mic, both being 3.5mm right?

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 6
yes.

I think i'm just gonna cut a simple 2.5mm headset, and wire both wires to a 3.5mm... technically should work, would also allow me to make the R signal into stereo.

we'll see. hope i don't blow something.

I do know if I plugged a 2.5mm to 3.5mm into a mic port on my soundcard the controller wouldn't respond... weird ****.

but then again all i'd be needing is line-in and line-out.

http://www.geocities.com/cuthbertgru...t/headset.html

that's what I want (male on both ends of course)

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticcal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes.

I think i'm just gonna cut a simple 2.5mm headset, and wire both wires to a 3.5mm... technically should work, would also allow me to make the R signal into stereo.

You'll need amp'ing though. And, if you're getting stereo into L/R channels through the cable, using just the right channel pin may cause you to not hear what's going on in the left channel....
If you feel too uncomfortable soldering it up shoot me a PM and I'd be willing to help if you need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back