Does this annoy you?
Mar 26, 2006 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

warnsey

100+ Head-Fier
I am finding this more and more lately. Artists release their cd and all us die hard fans rush out to by their album. Then 3 monthes down the track they re-release the same album but with one or two more songs. So now you are either left with the choice of buying the same cd again or missing out and never getting those two extra songs cause it won't be on their next album.

Makes me
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
mad.

Well that's my little rant for today.

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 15
Alot of the time the bonus tracks are not essential anyway, especially when they are Radio Edits/Remixes
rolleyes.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 15
IMO this is a way of cheating us, but it is true also that sometimes the artist has a little to do with that, and it is all a marketing strategy from the recording label, but anyway I feel really mad about that...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
and not only in this case, what about the so called "remasters", why not remastering the album from the beginning the right way, if they know how to do it, that means that they did the horrible first version on purpose???
confused.gif
If they release two months after a remastered with better sound (not 100% all the case as we know, as in others is worst) Cases that crossed my mind, Yes, Jethro tull, Deep Purple, The Who, Hendrix, any many more...

That is one of the reasons which I'm against this BS of the copyrights and I encourage people using all what is in their hands to violate that...period, two wrongs don't make a right, but at least makes me feel better...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 15
While it does annoy me, I don't think the problem of CDs being re-released is nearly as bad compared to the re-release of DVDs. I'm now at the point where I become hesitant to buy a movie when it's released on DVD for the first time.

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
I don't think the problem of CDs being re-released is nearly as bad compared to the re-release of DVDs.

Agreed. CD's re-realeses coud be a-lot worse.

All of it still pisses me off though.

Mar 27, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

While it does annoy me, I don't think the problem of CDs being re-released is nearly as bad compared to the re-release of DVDs. I'm now at the point where I become hesitant to buy a movie when it's released on DVD for the first time.

agreed, it's the same for me. imo this is a pretty stupid way of doing business and will lead to immense losses for the industry.

Mar 29, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
I always thought this applied onlt to commercial pop/ other genre artist
eek.gif
where the fans are gullible enough to swallow everything

I don't buy any comercial pop. Mainly independant artists and it seems to be happening more and more.

Mar 29, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #13 of 15
I usually buy music 1 album behind the curve.

Whenever an artists releases a new album it seems that their previous albums get discounted to promote it and grab extra sales. This is pretty common so if you can stand to wait you can save some cash and get the extra songs as well.

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #14 of 15
This practice actually works out to be a boon for used-music hounds like me -- when a new-and-improved version hits the stores, people will sell their originals like crazy. If you don't care for the extras (I for example never watch the DVDs), you can pick up a bargain.

Mar 29, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Yeah, this is especially annoying since it's the second release that generally has the DTS track!
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back