Does the Xin Feng Company really exist?
Oct 8, 2007 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there really a human being behind the curtain? Are there really people working in the company space or is it vacant? I sent an email about 3 months ago to get an amp repaired and haven't heard anything since that first initial email where somebody told me to send it in. Was that really a person or was it a computer created response? I don't think anybody really runs this company it's just a computer in a big vacant room. I checked out the fixup.net website and read a few posts where people ordered an amp and then that's it. No more responses. This guy must be the busiest person in the world. If he is then he must be making good enough money to hire someone to return emails. HELLO IS ANYBODY THERE?

Oct 8, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 14
lol, he's there. There's also a gigantic thread in the amp section that shares your sentiments.

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 14
supposedly the wait for an amp (and i assume amp repairs) is very long. but he has his following. must be doing something right.

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #4 of 14
It is sort of part of the marketing.

Create a buzz and such around a product to get people to buy them. Make them wait, and make it difficult for them to know if they are actually going to get the product. Eventually people will feel special and gifted for actually being able to get one, and because they feel so special and such for getting one, they go on and talk about how great it is, even if it wasn't even worth it at all.

Difficult balancing act, and only works with niche markets. Fashion industry is another good example.

Oct 8, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Create a buzz and such around a product to get people to buy them. Make them wait, and make it difficult for them to know if they are actually going to get the product. Eventually people will feel special and gifted for actually being able to get one, and because they feel so special and such for getting one, they go on and talk about how great it is, even if it wasn't even worth it at all.

Difficult balancing act, and only works with niche markets. Fashion industry is another good example.

If you havent heard one, then dont knock it
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

And what sort of evidence supports such an outlandish theory? Granted, I've never heard any one of Xin Feng's amps, but to say that the man is intentionally refusing to respond to e-mails as a sort of marketing campaign, well, that's just ridiculous.

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 14
This "company" [if it's a one-man op, it is by definition not a company] may be just a notch away from the typical Nigerian e-scam.

Laz

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Are you a fiction writer?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Ouch!

If folks want to wait months for an amp...regardless how good it is...that's their perogative. I sure as hell wouldn't...

Oct 9, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch!

If folks want to wait months for an amp...regardless how good it is...that's their perogative. I sure as hell wouldn't...

Im almost positive hes being sarcastic, cause thats pretty rediculous otherwise.

Oct 9, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This "company" [if it's a one-man op, it is by definition not a company] may be just a notch away from the typical Nigerian e-scam.

Laz

nonsense.

there are plenty of people on this forum who have paid for and received their amps, the others who havent are in line.

AFAIK nigerian e-scams dont work that way!

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #14 of 14
It is a real vendor of high quality equipment, but unfortunately a one man band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back