Does the SE530
Jun 18, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 10
No, but it REALLY helps to amp it! I makes the soundstage waaaay bigger, fuller sound, better bass....The tomahawk is a great amp to pair with it. I don't know about the minibox ot hte pimeta. Maybe others can answer that question.

Jun 18, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but it REALLY helps to amp it! I makes the soundstage waaaay bigger, fuller sound, better bass....The tomahawk is a great amp to pair with it. I don't know about the minibox ot hte pimeta. Maybe others can answer that question.

x2
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2007 at 11:25 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but it REALLY helps to amp it! I makes the soundstage waaaay bigger, fuller sound, better bass....The tomahawk is a great amp to pair with it.

X3

Jun 18, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 10
I don't understand... how does an amp increase soundstage? I could see it if the amp had crossfeed or something but if not how can amplification alone affect soundstage?

Jun 18, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #7 of 10
It only needs an amp if your source is deficient. If you happen to be using an iPod, I would agree with the other posters here and say, yes, you will probably notice a difference by amping. But, this in no way is a reflection on the SE530, it would be the same for most headphones.

However, there are a number of portable players out there that are good enough that you probably would only notice a small difference by putting an amp in the chain.

Jun 18, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

However, there are a number of portable players out there that are good enough that you probably would only notice a small difference by putting an amp in the chain.

X2
Amp with Clix2 is totally useless paired with E500

Jun 18, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #9 of 10
Even an amp with the zune makes a noticeable difference...

Jun 18, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #10 of 10
My biggest reason for amping is Crossfeed. For me long term listening becomes really tiring with out Crossfeed, and I find HeadRoom's crossfeed better than all of the software crossfeeds I've tried...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back