Does the Rewine Mod drain the battery???
Aug 12, 2006 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dr.morton

500+ Head-Fier
I am not 100% sure at this time but I have got the feeling that if I keep my modded iPod connected to an amp or my Tivoli Model 1 TURNED OUT (same goes for the amp and radio) that the battery is drained suprisingly fast ( a day or so). Is this normal. does anyone else have this problem?
First I thought it is me letting the iPod run with amp or radio turned out. I might have not noticed it because the display goes dark rather quickly but now, after a week of trying to sell the iPod (which blessfully did not happen if the problem is there) I had the iPod lying around on my desk just connected to my Larocco. Both units where turned off I thought and yesterday when I wnatedto listen to some more music the battery was gone again.

Aug 12, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton
I am not 100% sure at this time but I have got the feeling that if I keep my modded iPod connected to an amp or my Tivoli Model 1 TURNED OUT (same goes for the amp and radio) that the battery is drained suprisingly fast ( a day or so). Is this normal. does anyone else have this problem?
First I thought it is me letting the iPod run with amp or radio turned out. I might have not noticed it because the display goes dark rather quickly but now, after a week of trying to sell the iPod (which blessfully did not happen if the problem is there) I had the iPod lying around on my desk just connected to my Larocco. Both units where turned off I thought and yesterday when I wnatedto listen to some more music the battery was gone again.

Hi Dr. Morton,

If anything, the iMod actually draws less power than the stock iPod. I completely remove an opamp (which draws current, although not that much), and because you can no longer use headphones (which draw more current than connecting to an amp via a line out) this only makes the battery last longer.

What do you mean by "TURNED OUT" ?

You might have a battery that just needs to be replaced, or it is not being charged properly (defective cable, defective charger?).

Best regards,

Vinnie Rossi
Red Wine Audio, Inc.

Aug 12, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Vinnie,
thanks for the answer.
Strangely enough the iPod seems to lose battery power when turned off but still being connected to an amp/or radio.
The battery worked fine when I bought the iPod, it was an Apple replacement.
Ok, so the drain is at least not normal.
I will have to do some further tests to find out what's going on.
Maybe it is still stupid me, forgetting to actually shutting it down properly...or I may have some iGhost in the house.

Aug 12, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, I would definitely take a look at the cable being the problem with the experiences I've had as of late. My imodded ipod is with Vinnie right now as a faulty firewire docking cable fried the logic board in it. It's also done a number on my 3G ipod. It's amazing what a bad cable can do
frown.gif

Aug 13, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 5
I do not believe it to be a faulty wire.
With my LaRocco I use a RnB180 mini to RCA connector and with the Tivoli a generic mini to mini found in any Hi-Fi shop. It would be a strange coincidence if both wires to be faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back