Does the Perfect Portable Headphone Exist?
May 7, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiryu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's what I was thinking. MDR-D77sl? foldable and you can replace the cable i think.
just can't really hang them around your neck. or sleep with them on.

The Eggo D66 were one of my first portable headphones after joining Head-Fi. I eventually got rid of them because they had boxy sound to my ears.

Is the D77 available at all? They must be pretty rare. Where's Mike Scarpitti when you really need him?

May 8, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do any of the better earbuds actually isolate, such as Yuins or V-Modas?

V-Moda Vibes would be the ONLY ones to consider, the Bass Freq are only if you are a firm
basshead.gif
as the highs have a weird crackly sound (like the drivers are playing behind paper) and the bass has no character until you hit about 128K and lower. Yuin PK2's require an amp (maximizes the possibilities) and that is NOT portable...

As for something portable that might suit you, there are the Audio-Technica ATH-EW9. The only thing is you might have a problem with their bass or lacking a bit at least (I would) if you are a rocker. My only other suggestion would be some Sennheiser PXC-300's or something along that series...

May 9, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Techran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yuin PK2's require an amp (maximizes the possibilities) and that is NOT portable...

I don't mind carrying around a small amp. I currently have a Headroom Coda and a Minibox E+. I use the Minibox pretty frequently.

May 9, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #35 of 35
Yuins are a really good choice, provided a) you can get a good fit that stays in your ears (earbuds always have a hard time staying in mine, dunno bout yours...) and b) if you're going for PK1 and 2, proper amping needed which I suspected you already have or intend to have anyway. And yes, those so really good and is probably as good as portable sound can get at this moment short of customs...which gives me an idea....anyone wants to take one for the team and order custom earmoulds for earbuds like those for Westone and stick these bad boys in?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back