Does the MarkL mod really make that much of a difference?? (Update: yes it does)
Mar 14, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #61 of 70
Im happy that you like them. I am looking at getting a pair of D2Ks to supplement my rs-1s, so I am excited to hear them at the meet.

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #62 of 70
I'd throw away that metallic grill in front of the driver. I know it protects the driver, etc, but those metallic things are not good for the sound.

Mar 14, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #63 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd throw away that metallic grill in front of the driver. I know it protects the driver, etc, but those metallic things are not good for the sound.

Curious. Can you comment on the differences between grill and no-grill?

Mar 14, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #64 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curious. Can you comment on the differences between grill and no-grill?

X2

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #65 of 70
BTW: I just got back from a meet today and the MD5000's sound unbelievable out of both the Head-Amp GS-X and RSA Apache. I was completely blown away with these combo's. Although I like the GS-X a little better.

The GS-X MD5000 combo did every thing just perfect together. From bass to treble and instrument separation. I was simply left in awe.

In fact I will probably be buying the GS-1 when I save up enough money.

Mar 27, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #66 of 70
3389657223_58cf1cfa9d_b.jpg

Mar 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #67 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All you need to know is that the D7000 fixes the flaws of the D5000 you have been complaining about. Quite frankly, the D5000 sucks and even if you are not willing to pay for the D7000 you should consider returning the D5000 for the D2000, which I actually like more than the D5000. I think that the D2000 is a better indication of what the Denons can offer. Do you actually dislike or completely detest the D5000? If it's the later than yeah, maybe the Denons are not for you, but I do think that you should give the D2000 a try.

Time to add D2000 to the list.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5459678-post21.html

Mar 27, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #69 of 70
Why not save hundreds and do it yourself. Recabling and the mods should only cost you about $120 at most. Unless you MUST have Jena Cables... If you don't have the tools, there are plenty of Head-Fiers here who can do the same work for far less. $120 or so to have someone else recable and then do the dynamat and stuffing yourself. Just a suggestion.

Mar 27, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #70 of 70
You are very right, but just a few arguments. First of all, sorry for my English, it´s not my first language. Anyway.

1) What if you are, say, a woman? (I am.) How many women can do it, are skilled enough and dare to mod? (OK another question would be, how many of them are aware of headphone modding at all, interested, or know at all about the existence of such a thing, true...)

2) Assume you are an engineer. (I am.) Doctor, professor at a university, whatever. Every hour I "waste" by doing the mods myself means that for those hours I don´t do my job. I (potentially) lose a lot of money with that. Possibly much more than the purchase price would be for a fully modded pair of headphones.

You see there can be many reasons for which people send it and let others do the job. I don´t, many don´t, others do.

smily_headphones1.gif
)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not save hundreds and do it yourself. Recabling and the mods should only cost you about $120 at most. Unless you MUST have Jena Cables... If you don't have the tools, there are plenty of Head-Fiers here who can do the same work for far less. $120 or so to have someone else recable and then do the dynamat and stuffing yourself. Just a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back