Does the fit on the UE 5vi stink? Or is it just me?
May 6, 2009 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mvalpreda

Head-Fier
I was looking for a halfway decent set of in ears for when I am at the gym. I had a pair of UE 4vi that I inherited and thought they were decent for the gym and other general listening. I like the button!
wink.gif

I decided to upgrade to the 5vi and I might be nuts, but the fit on these stink! They seem to fit ok when I wear them up and behind my ear like I wear my Westone UM2s, but the mic is behind my ear and no one can hear me if I happen to get a phone call.

ultimate-ears-noise-isolating-ear-buds.jpg

So I figured they are designed to be worn "down".

ultimate_ears2.jpg

Wear them down and they seem to be at the wrong angle to go into my ear.

Anyone else feel like that? I am not above thinking I may have defective ear holes. LOL

May 6, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #3 of 6
I found that wearing them straight down was not happening unless I used really long tips like the Head-Direct big bi-flanges.

May 7, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 6
Seems pretty lame that the mic is practically behind my ear when worn like that. I guess the layperson doesn't wear them behind the ear.

I think I might just return these and keep the 4vi. Not really worth the upgrade.

May 7, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 6
that's actually the one thing that really impressed me w/ the sf5's. I thought the fit was fantastic. One of the best actually. Guess just proof that everyone's ears are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back