Does the Archos 605 have a digital out?
Aug 26, 2007 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

OverlordXenu

Headphoneus Supremus
I know it's a bit premature, but does anyone know where to get Archos 605 dock connectors?

I ask this, because as of now, it looks like they have digital-out, somehow, as the DVR station has optical out. Hopefully that means the 605 outputs digital through the dock. And if it does, that's great, as it supports WAV. Sadly, it doesn't support FLAC. But 160gigs of WAV should still hold a nice amount of tunes and movies, right?

Anyway, post any news here, I guess...

http://www.archos.com/products/gen_5...global&lang=en

Aug 26, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 7
I have an Archos 504, and the DVR station/dock was really hard to find when it was first released. I'm wondering if this will be the case with the 605 dock, especially since it appears it's a different design.

The Gen 4 DVR station dock does indeed have a optical digital out, and it worked well connected to my Denon amp. The analog out of the 504 is aweful in my opinion. Thin and tinny, and you can hear the hard disk spinning through the "line" out or headphones.

I stopped using the dock as the setup is kind of bulky. I haven't tried the optical out on a headphone amp, but will give it a shot when my iBasso D1 arrives.

Don't be too discouraged if you cant find the DVR station at first. Amazon.com had it for the Gen 4 intermittently, even on the same day.

Aug 26, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 7
Well, what I meant more was getting a dock connector(s) and getting someone to make me a digital line out dock.

I just hope it has a true digital out, gets hacked for FLAC, and someone finds out the pin-out. :|

Sep 15, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 7
I wonder if anyone could please answer a couple of questions about the 605 for me?

Does it support WMA Lossless compression?

Is the S/PDIF output on the docking station bit-perfect, or does it go through volume and EQ manipulation?

Cheers!

Sep 15, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornholio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it support WMA Lossless compression?

To my knowledge, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back