Does the ack Dack come with USB option?
Jan 12, 2006 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3
I keep reading people casually mentioning that you can get the Ack Dack with a usb input option. This would likely be exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't see any mention of it on the ack website, and I wrote ack for info but haven't gotten a response.

Anybody know what the deal is?

Jan 12, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi Matt- Where did you read that you can get the dAck with USB option? Post a link(s) if you can. Right now Chris does not offer a USB option. I haven't heard any different but it's been a little while I spoke to him. Oh, you know, it just hit me, I'll bet you have seen people mention the Empirical Audio modifications to the dAck. Steve at Empirical Audio can add a USB interface to the dAck (not cheap) and I'll bet you have seen discussion on this? http://www.empiricalaudio.com/

Jan 12, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 3
You're probably right that it's the Empirical mod they're referencing. There's no point in me posting a link, the info comes in the middle of posts in the form of "...or you could get the ack Dack with usb input...".

I've read a lot about Empirical Audio mods...didn't see specifically a usb mod for the ack dack, but makes sense that it's there somewhere. I want to do usb out, and I know I like the ack dack 2.0, so if he had usb built in I thought I had my dream solution. But perhaps I'll pick up a Red Wine usb select.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back