Does Shure SE530 plug into new iPhone 3G?
Nov 6, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by raekwonse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everything plugs into the iPhone 3G.

That's what I thought. I didn't want to spend the big bucks without being sure. Earphone solutions seems to indicate they need adapter, but they must be referring to the 1st generation iPhone. Shure sight didn't offer much either.

Thanks for the info. I now feel informed

Tom

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 7
The jack is not recessed like the first gen iPhone. so yeah any with 3.5mm jack would plug in.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The jack is not recessed like the first gen iPhone. so yeah any with 3.5mm jack would plug in.

I don't know what I would do without all you folks.

Tom

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know what I would do without all you folks.

Tom

save money?
icon10.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Earphone solutions seems to indicate they need adapter, but they must be referring to the 1st generation iPhone. Shure sight didn't offer much either.

They refer to the first two generations of the iPhone, which have a recessed headphone jack.

Also, newer manufacturing runs of the Shure IEMs, including the SE530, are now fully compatible with the earlier iPhones without the need for an adapter. However, there still is a possibility that you might get an earlier version of the SE530 whose plug does not properly fit the earlier iPhones without an adapter. Those earlier Shure SE### series IEMs came in an all-plastic package (newer ones now come in a plastic package inside a cardboard box).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back