Does Sherwood P-747 have a headphone amp?
Sep 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mocoheavy

New Head-Fier
I have this old equipment at my home and I wanted to know if it has a headphone amp that will improve the sound of a headphone I will buy (superlux hd668b). The source will mostly be my mobile phone using a 30 cent Jack 3.5mm to 2x RCA adapter, and a 2x RCA cable to the aux port. Will this have better sound quality than the onboard realtek chip on my PC?

It looks like this, but everything golden:

The whole set is not in the picture, but the amp is the one at the top-right corner. I couldn't find any other picture, this is the only one on the internet so it's really rare.

Thanks in advance!!

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 2
Heya,

It'll work. The output impedance on that setup is probably on the high side, so it may play into the end result sound on the Superlux you plan on running. It may or may not sound better than your onboard solution on the PC. But that's going to be based on the quality the amplifier is still in since it's dated. Just listen for yourself. It'll either sound hissy/hummy or sound fine. If it sounds poor, just plug into the computer and don't worry about it. The Superlux is efficient enough to not need an amplifier at all anyways, so either way you're good to go without buying anything.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back