Does serpac H65 fit 2 9V batteries? quick question! need yes or no!
Aug 4, 2003 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

xlifez

500+ Head-Fier
i already ordered parts for building a CMoy amp
smily_headphones1.gif
my dad told me from the website, it says it needs 2 9V batteries, so will the H65 beable to carry the 2 batteries?

need answer!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2003 at 3:31 AM Post #2 of 8
Like I mentioned in my PM, voltage depends on what op-amp you are going to use. If you are going to use the OPA2134/2132 then a single 9v will be sufficient. One thing that will come in handy as you get into this is understanding how to read a datasheet. It will specify the voltage tolerance a specific chip will operate within.

http://rocky.digikey.com/scripts/Pro...48&M=OPA2134PA

Also, the H-65 only fits a single 9v, unless you want to do some hacking. Then you can fit 2 9v's in there mounted on their side. You can also get the H-65 that has a compartment for 2 AA's.

Aug 4, 2003 at 5:35 AM Post #3 of 8
If you get the H-65AC, it has a battery door but no battery holder behind it, so you can stuff 2x9V in there. This impinges on the circuit board area, so you'll have to stick with a small circuit to make this work.

Aug 4, 2003 at 5:50 AM Post #5 of 8
It's a one-time learning curve. Once you figure these things out, future projects will be easier.

Aug 4, 2003 at 5:59 AM Post #7 of 8
Keep it simple, at first.

Aug 4, 2003 at 8:02 PM Post #8 of 8
I highly recommend building the normal CMoy for your first project.

Build it correctly and you will be very happy with it. Also, if you want more, you'll have the education and experience to do it.

I built my first CMoy a month or so ago, housed it in solid oak, and I am now working on my second project - a GainClone high-end loudspeaker amp. ( It is a copy of the $2000+ amp seen here, but built for less than $200...)

http://www.sakurasystems.com/products/47amp.html

Don't get caught in the trap that your first DIY'd amp has to be the end-all. The CMoy is a very good sounding amp. Also, Tangent's instructions, theory and part lists are invaluable for a first project.

There are plenty of other things to build if you do it right and have fun.

GnD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back