Does Sansa Fuze have a "favorites function" and good equalizer?
Jul 1, 2009 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ShootingStars

100+ Head-Fier
Can anyone answer this? I have a S639F... I know it has a great EQ and was wondering if the Fuze does as well.

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 11
By favorites function I assume you mean some sort of on-the-go playlist creator? If so, the fuze has something called a Go List, to/from which you can add/remove songs on the fly.

As for the equalizer, it has a regular, pretty unimpressive, 5-band equalizer. When (if?) rockbox is released for the fuze it will have a great 10-band EQ.

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 11
Has an equaliser, but it's poorly integrated and clouds the sound if you mess with it.

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 11
For many players, EQ is just a great way to screw SQ, as RedSky pointed out. Personally, I find the newer technology EQ options like 'Mach3Bass' and 'ClearBass' to be quite good when used in moderation, but I'm sure the purists would disagree. I never go into the screen where you can manually adjust the levels for each frequency band : that is set to flat when I get the player and I leave it there.

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 11
The EQ on the Fuse is really bad, but it's a player that's designed to be used "as is", so you'll be fine without using it. As for the playlist, not too sure, as I sold mine and can't actually remember that bit.

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 11
i have a fuse that i use regularly and i find that having the eq set to jazz gives the best sq. to my ears, flat on the fuze isnt really flat.

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For many players, EQ is just a great way to screw SQ, as RedSky pointed out. Personally, I find the newer technology EQ options like 'Mach3Bass' and 'ClearBass' to be quite good when used in moderation, but I'm sure the purists would disagree. I never go into the screen where you can manually adjust the levels for each frequency band : that is set to flat when I get the player and I leave it there.

sony s639f says hello to EQ

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingStars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sony s639f says hello to EQ

AMEN!!!!
beerchug.gif
Fantastic EQ and sound settings - some of the BEST!!! The Fuze can't compete w/it. I had both, no contest!!!

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #10 of 11
I have a different yet similar Sony (A829) and it does have much more useful EQ options. But I actually prefer the flat sound of the Fuze (whose EQ is worthless in my opinion). Both sound excellent though.

As has been mentioned, you should clarify what you mean by "favorites". Fuze has an easy to use, make as you go playlist called a "go list". It also supports regular playlists from winamp, WMP, etc. Or if you meant a rating system, it has that too. Rate songs 1-5 stars, and it will integrate next time you sync. You can also choose "play top rated songs".

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingStars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone answer this? I have a S639F... I know it has a great EQ and was wondering if the Fuze does as well.

Most people agree that the Fuze sound best with the built in EQ turned off. That said, the ear buds used will determine the SQ more than anything else.

USG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back