Does Replacing Battery in iMod Have Any Additional Hazards Than iPod? ...
Feb 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Carmantom

1000+ Head-Fier
I want to replace battery but because of iMod, is there any additional hazards should be made aware of?
confused.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 4
IIRC, RWA said that if you ever need replace the battery, just ship the iMod and the battery to them, and they'll install it for free.

To me, that is a way better way to do it, because if you screw up the installation yourself, there goes your iPod and your iMod warranty.

EDIT: Ah, here we go:

Quote:

-- Need a new battery installed? Send it to us with your iPod to be modded, and while we are inside your iPod we'll change it for FREE. We do not stock iPod batteries, but you can purchase them online and have them shipped directly to use for installation during or after your iMod.

Source: http://redwineaudio.com/iMod.html

(towards the bottom of the page)

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 4
Maybe I am jumping the gun on battery.

How long should i expect the battery to operate iMod in current mode; burning in LOD (Blackgates)? Volume is on low. Maybe the battery is ok?

Last night I went to charge iMod w/ Rockbox on it and it was on most of the night and was only 90% when I got up this morning. Shouldn't it be 100%, and shouldn't it have charged on electric charger in a couple of hours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back