Does Remote for D-E01 Works for D-777?
Jan 16, 2003 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

krayzie

500+ Head-Fier
Just wondering... cuz I just received a used D-777 today that I bought used on the net... but it came with the "eyeball" remote instead (apparently the machine is 3rd hand and the previous owner has no clue... it works btw)...

Anyhow I just ordered the original D-777 remote from Sony Parts for the sake of original parts, but still wonders if the one for the D-E01 works since it's 6 bucks more...

Kinda too late now since that other remote has so many bells and whistles but still wanted to know... Thanks!

(Awww... the freakin' remote cost just as much as my Discman, $110 CDN!!!)

Jan 16, 2003 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 4
The D-EJ1000 remote doesn't, not properly...

I'd stick with the original remote if I were you, but don't forget to pick up one of the micro to mini-plug adapters...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2003 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 4
Oh okay... that's great since I've ordered the original (I hope it'll come soon) cuz they don't accept refunds or exchanges once the order has gone through the system... I heard that the D-E01 remote is a strange beast as it works for both MD and CD... just like the stick remote of yours I guess... what's even more weird is that the eyeball one also works for the 777 but it's from the future, not properly tho as the ESP and Light functions on the remote are disabled... So if I'm not going to get backlight, I thought might as well get the original one...

Yeah I had that adaptor long ago... but I also have a pair of 888MP so it's all good!

Jan 17, 2003 at 7:39 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi Krayzie..

I don't think that the backlight will work on the remote...

My MZ-R55 remote has the EL backlight, which works great with the MD... but (when I had it) plugging it into the EJ825... the backlight dacility disappeared... along with half of the functions
rolleyes.gif

I don't think its the remote with the logic... its the player... so it can only send what it knows...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back