does people complain when you ware Koss KCS-35 in the train or bus?
Nov 1, 2002 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

blankdisc

500+ Head-Fier
I just got my koss kcs-35 today. all i can say about is WOW!!!
I think this is the best protable headphone, better than my previous favorite protable headphone Sony E888. good base response, well balanced.
but i am wondering if people will complain when you wear it in the subway or bus since it's open design???

Nov 1, 2002 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 8
I have had a complaint one day on the subway with my Porta Pros (same driver as the KCS-35), which I was pretty suprised at, the volume wasn't that loud, but I gues the lady wanted peace and quiet on the ever so smooth NYC subway
rolleyes.gif

It does tend to fill the space outside your head a bit, but at moderate levels they're not too bad.
The Ety's on the other hand, can be played at a good clip in the quietest of situations without bothering anyone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2002 at 4:45 AM Post #4 of 8
Well, I got a complaint once listening to rock at a nice, loud level. I was in the study lounge (dead silence, more or less) and a girl about 15 feet away asked me to turn it down. Basically, if I could hear it she could too. When my friend listens to them at a reasonable level I can hear them while walking down the streets. Not the best phones for isolation.

Nov 1, 2002 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by a1leyez0nm3
get ex70s or something sealed, so you wont lose your hearing.

my sentiments exactly. while i love the sound on the ksc35's i have to crank it way too loud for my liking. trying to get my hands on some ex70's so i won't have that problem.

Nov 2, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 8
the ksc50 is even worse.

even at 1/3 volume...it leaks crazily.

Nov 2, 2002 at 9:56 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
I think you need to show them who's boss.

Get some Grado SR-60's
very_evil_smiley.gif

I used to see this guy with them on the train...****ing nut. He's probably deaf by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back