does over-ear headphones require getting used to ?
May 13, 2022 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FrogYS

New Head-Fier
i bought my first over-ear online (mistake) he6se v2. they arent comfortable (plus the cable is crap and hard to find).
it was open box so it was on a sale.

ANYWAY, is it normal for over-ear headphones or its known issue with these ones.
i read some reviews that mention this problem, but others did not and were more positive. so its hard to know.

anyway, ill probably return them because they require an expensive amp, which i dont intend to buy at this time.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 4
What didn't you find comfortable about the HE6SE? The size of the pad openings, clamp, headband? You probably just haven't found the right pair yet in terms of comfort, but the HE6SE v2 is well regarded. Your best bet would be to try some on or describe what you didn't like about the Hifiman.

May 14, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #3 of 4
Yes I agree those aren't comfortable, the He400i 2016 edition with the strap headband is world's more comfy. They need a really powerful amp or you'll never hear how good they are. The HE400se works great without an amp, but the stock fishing line white cable needs replacing. They don't sound any better on an amp than a cell phone, so a good choice for the price. I still like the AKG K371 a lot more if your not getting an amp, the Bluetooth version isnt as good though, had both at the same time.

May 14, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 4
What didn't you find comfortable about the HE6SE? The size of the pad openings, clamp, headband? You probably just haven't found the right pair yet in terms of comfort, but the HE6SE v2 is well regarded. Your best bet would be to try some on or describe what you didn't like about the Hifiman.
mostly the weight. the size and how it feels on the sides of the head, im guessing this requires getting use to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back