Does one need 2 dap's?
Dec 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for your loss my friend, so very sorry. Up the count to a Zune 120 instead, pretty much the same price.

I got a pretty good deal. Zune 80 with everything that comes on the retail package
+ travel pack
+ A/V dock and cable

Just 200.00 USD.
Happy for the deal but still mad for losing the TADO Zune 80.

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #32 of 49
Why limit yourself to two?
You "need" for for maximum portability, one for maximum features, and one for maximum sound quality, one for... he he

Dec 6, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #33 of 49
People should get a big player (iPod Classic/Zune 120) and a smaller player to rotate your library around. It also depends on what you need... Some people may want like an iPod Nano or a Sansa Fuze or some people may be satisfied with a Sansa Clip (Which you can't really go wrong with if you got one in those Black Friday sales. If there is ever a killer Sansa Clip sale I advise you all get one.

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
banned

Any idea why? Just curious.

Edit: Just saw Lil Knight's post and tried finding out via search, but gave up.

As for the OP, I've ended up with a Zune80 (love it, 70GB filled, and have three Zune docks around the house so I can use it as a media player with full stereo systems); a Touch 2G (16GB), which serves as a nice web/email piece, as well as good sound; an iPod 5.5g (30GB) with a busted headphone jack (but sounds great with the LOD and MiniboxE+); a Sony A818 (8GB, loaded it up and gave it to my wife), and my latest hobby ... now that you can load FLAC files onto the Clip, I have started collecting 1 and 2GB models from Woot! for specific purposes (one all Sinatra, one all Beatles, etc. All ripped fresh from original CDs at FLAC). But that will be limited to my top 4-5 bands/musicians/singers), though I may rip playlists in FLAC from classic CDs (Dead, Allmans, etc). Kind of a fun deal, Clip collecting.

Oh, I have an old RioVolt PCDP too, but never use it for some reason. Should try it in my office with the amp/W3s with original CDs some time.

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #35 of 49
I have 2... 30gb iPod classic (5th gen) for large-scale storage, listening through the LOD, and a Fuze for storing a bunch of random stuff that I like to listen to when I'm at the gym

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea why? Just curious.

Edit: Just saw Lil Knight's post and tried finding out via search, but gave up.

As for the OP, I've ended up with a Zune80 (love it, 70GB filled, and have three Zune docks around the house so I can use it as a media player with full stereo systems); a Touch 2G (16GB), which serves as a nice web/email piece, as well as good sound; an iPod 5.5g (30GB) with a busted headphone jack (but sounds great with the LOD and MiniboxE+); a Sony A818 (8GB, loaded it up and gave it to my wife), and my latest hobby ... now that you can load FLAC files onto the Clip, I have started collecting 1 and 2GB models from Woot! for specific purposes (one all Sinatra, one all Beatles, etc. All ripped fresh from original CDs at FLAC). But that will be limited to my top 4-5 bands/musicians/singers), though I may rip playlists in FLAC from classic CDs (Dead, Allmans, etc). Kind of a fun deal, Clip collecting.

Oh, I have an old RioVolt PCDP too, but never use it for some reason. Should try it in my office with the amp/W3s with original CDs some time.

Lewinski was giving some medical advice on how to clean your ear with some chemicals and such without being a medic. Some forum members had a contrary view of his methods and after a few more posts in the thread he got banned.

Search in the Headphones forums for his thread on how to clean your ears ..

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #37 of 49
I have 2 and my wife has 2
Mine: Creative Zen Nano, Clip 2gb
Hers: Creative Zen Nano+, Clip 4gb
The SQ of the Zens is very good, w/the Clips being ~ 95% as good
I love the replaceable AAA battery in the Zens
PX100 are good match for all

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hows the zen micro? I remember wanting it back a couple years ago but ended up with a zune30. I really liked the design and feel of the player, but was wondering about the SQ. Does it compare to the top players today? May pick it up someday if its still considered a decent player.

Yes it does compare with daps of today, it had a clean relatively flat sound with maybe a touch of bass roll off. Very good from what I remember, but I liked the soundstage of the nano 1st gen better. And the touch strip was a bit too sensitive.

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #39 of 49
I have a ipod 80gb, for all my music, gonna get an ipod touch for movies and games, and a muvo tx fm for school.

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #41 of 49
I have 2: An iPod Touch as my main portable, and an iPod Nano for the gym. I'd prefer a shuffle or a Sansa clip for the gym, but meh, I had the Nano lying around. I'd like a large capacity DAP too, actually, for long trips when my laptop isn't readily available and such. So yea, it's useful to have several DAPs.

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #43 of 49
my sansa clip goes everywhere with me. I use it more than my other daps even though it is only 2GB. I just have the music I really like.

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #44 of 49
I need two for the many times one of the ipods needed servicing, that way i am not out in the cold w/o music. Also one is smaller for those times that i want to be light on my feet.
normal_smile .gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #45 of 49
I have two.

One is an iPod Classic (160G), which is my do-it-all College of Musical Knowledge that's paired with a cMoy amp. It's only about half full but has nearly 9000 tracks. Most are ripped to 192 kbps or higher.

The older one, my first DAP, is a Rockboxed Sansa e270 that sees most of its use these days for playing the little games that come with Rockbox. The Sansa has a 4-gig SDHC card in it, making it a 10 gig flash player. It's my gym player (on those rare days when I make it to the gym, that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back