does music make you smarter? READ THIS
May 12, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by nph134
It's pretty obvious that children benefit from lots and varied stimuli, love and attention from parents etc, lol any decent parents can tell you that, those dafties playing at being "scientists" aren't telling anyone something they don't know!
evil_smiley.gif

I agree with you totally on this.

In the original post on this thread, was there a mention about specific types of music behing helpful? I doubt listening to a bunch of pop music while doing a million other things is going to make you smarter.

May 12, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Yup, the elementary school I went to (my younger brother is attending right now) just cut their art and music programs.
mad.gif

What makes me even angrier is when a school district cuts art and music before it cuts sports.
mad.gif

May 13, 2006 at 12:34 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus
What makes me even angrier is when a school district cuts art and music before it cuts sports.
mad.gif

So you would rather have fat kids than kids that think they can paint because they did it in art and "sing"(or, for most kids, talk loudly to a beat).

Sports are easily more important than both art and music combined, no contest. There are already enough fat asses around, making more isnt really the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back