Does linux sounds quality?
Sep 3, 2011 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NepWK

New Head-Fier
Please don't make any linux vs mac/win comments as they are not in the same league.

Will a win7 machine with "Creative Sound Blaster Live SB Eax 5.1 VX" will produce sounds any better/worse than the linux with very same hardware?

Does music players matter?

Thanks

Sep 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 7
I believe it does not, since the Creative Sound Blaster is basically the one decoding the 1s and 0s (digital) audio files into something hear  able (analog), a DAC. The OS does not affect the sound quality I believe, media players are just to organize allow us to handle media files. Some media players allow more customization, others have better equalizer. It all depends on you, test out different mediaplayer see what you like

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 7
Before SB decodes 0's and 1's to sound, the software decodes files to 0's and 1's, there is a theoretical chance that it might effect the sound quality

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 7
I'm a long time Linux user, and from my own experience, I can't tell no difference from one another. They both sounded identical. If your sound card has support on Linux, then there shouldn't be a problem. And, as a music environment on Linux I prefer MPD/NCMPCPP combo.

I suggest you give it a go yourself, and see which one you like the most.

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Just my $0.02: I dual boot between Linux Mint 10 and Windows 7 on an Acer Inspire Pentium core 3.  All else being equal, the music played on the two platforms sounds the same. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back