Does it matter which cassette adapter thingy I get to listen to music in my car with my phone?
Aug 5, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #16 of 19

2005 4 Runner SR4 or SR5 I'm too lazy to look it up now cause like I said I'm lazy and it's late at night right now.  Also it's the stock one

You can browse through auto supply websites like Autozone's. Actually, you can use what you have, but like I posted, it will involve splicing and taping, although to some lazy installers (or those who can't locate an adapter), it will be easier than installing the adapter to the other end of what goes into the stock receiver. I'd advise getting that one, just make sure you connect the right wire to the right terminal. It will take a little bit longer but you'll appreciate it over, say, at some point the tape coming loose if you just spliced and taped. Oh, and don't forget to wrap the adapters joined together in electrical tape for extra security.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #17 of 19
Someone suggested thing at another site, should I get that?

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker-Speakerphone/dp/B00E9YIFQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407243789&sr=8-1&tag=androidcentral00-20&m1k=vb_ac

Would the the audio quality be good?  Also I never used a bluetooth device before

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #18 of 19
Aug 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #19 of 19
  Someone suggested thing at another site, should I get that?

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker-Speakerphone/dp/B00E9YIFQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407243789&sr=8-1&tag=androidcentral00-20&m1k=vb_ac

Would the the audio quality be good?  Also I never used a bluetooth device before

Everything I said about the other one, all over again. Double for how this can get in the way of your field of vision (the same way I'd rather pay extra for factory On Star than stick a Garmin on the dash) as this is taller than the other one.

You're resorting to all the worst possible shortcuts that one can do in a car, when only a few bucks more can save you the inconvenience of taking your eyes too far off the windshield, all because (everything here considered verboten, no matter how relevant).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back