Does it get any better than the Sony MDR-Z1R? Also looking for a Bass Cannon with a 4.4mm cable. And a few queries.
Aug 14, 2020 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

punkedrock

100+ Head-Fier
I currently own a fiio Q5s and am having trouble using it with my sony walkman nw-zx507 due to it draining the battery of the walkman :frowning2: any suggestions on how to stop the battery from draining?
I also own a pair of Sennheiser HD-660s and their quite nice though I'm starting to eye the Sony MDR-Z1R more and more, they just look so amazing.

Also I'm interested in finding a closed back mid-bass / sub-bass / bass cannon with a 4.4mm jack as an option that actually utilizes this in it's design, I don't think one exhists but I figured I'd reach out every now and then and see if anybody knows of one.

Anyways my real question is... does this sony headphone really have the amazingness that I seek? If it's a 10-20% upgrade from my sennheiser hd-660s then yes I'm in, though I'm curious if it is only that much. I mostly just use my nw-zx507 or the FiiO Q5s with my laptop as source and I'd like to be able to use both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back