Does It Exist?...... (HD650 + K500 = ?)
Mar 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Dutchess of York

100+ Head-Fier
After pulling and all-nighter, I still dont have my essay finished, but I think I have come up with what I think an ideal headphone would be for me.

I think it is common to equate soundstage with the high end, but I got two things I didnt bargain for when I bought my HD650s and AKG K500s. Namely, organic warmth and amazing airy separation, respectively. These are two qualities I fell in love with in these two headphones, and I was curious if there is a can out there that combines the two strengths.

Is there a such a headphone out there that combines the 'alive' and 'comfortable' signature of the HD650s with a jaw-droppingly large soundstage or the K500. I find I am always wowed in the way the K500 separates sound, but can get tired of this parlor trick after a while. When I put on the HD650s, I always fell like I need to settle into them, its almost a process. Is this just the nature of our hobby, or is there a headphone out there to let me take a break for a while.

For some reason I have been feeling head-fi restless for the past few weeks, and I guess that means an upgrade is coming up fast (sorry for all the threads, and thanks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back