Does iPod for the PC work with Audible content?...
Aug 29, 2002 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

frankmcma

New Head-Fier
I was curious...I can't seem to find the answer on Apple's site or Audible.

Audible says it now supports iPod but also says "Audible support in the iPod is only available to users with Mac OS X".

Apple's site does not really say.

Does anyone know? If you do have an iPod for PC can you get Audible content?

Also...how do the Audible books sound? Quality-wise?

Thanks!

Frank

Aug 29, 2002 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 6
The quality of Audible books is good. Especially with the formats that take up more space. Even the more compressed ones are ok. I don't know about the iPod but my guess is yes. Why don't you e-mail them and ask.

Aug 29, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 6
Doesn't Audible has the option to download MP3 versions instead of their propietary format? Maibe you could just download the MP3 file instead.

Aug 30, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 6
No they don't. What I do it download the highest quality file and replay it on my system overnight so I record it to mp3 format. Then I burn it the next day and can then thake it on the road.

Sep 3, 2002 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 6
Audible content is not supported on PC iPods, ....yet. The PC formatted units are a new product for Apple, I think if enough PC iPod users ask for it, Apple will provide it. I'm the soon to be owner of a 20GB Mac iPod and I can't wait t use all its features. I'm new to the portable audio world, and came here to find out what sub $200 cans would be a good match for the iPod. Sorry about the rambling, I hope the info was useful..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back