Does Ipod Classic need a film cover?
Dec 26, 2007 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

riker1384

100+ Head-Fier
I got an Ipod Classic. Do they need those protective films you can buy? The Nano supposedly did, but I haven't heard about the Classic. Since I have the Nano, I won't be taking the Classic jogging or anything. The metal case should be fine, but what about the video screen?

Dec 26, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #2 of 8
The screen on the Classic is reportedly made of glass, thus very scratch resistant.

Personally, I'm still paranoid and got my iPod a Best Skins Ever when they finally came out for them.

Rick

Dec 26, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 8
I carry mine around in my pocket/backpack/laptop bag with no protection whatsoever (other than the hold button on). I bought one within the first 2 weeks of their release and the front still has no scratches whatsoever. The shiny back? Yes (how I wish they'd make that a matte finish), but the front looks as nice as the day I bought it.

Dec 26, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #4 of 8
pictures please?

Dec 26, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 8
The front of the Classic is tough, the back I put a BSE skin on, as the chrome tends to scratch and smudge.. with only the back covered, mine gets a lot of use and is in perfect condition. I put my BSE on as soon as I took it out of the box.

Dec 26, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #6 of 8
Yes, a front cover is unnecessary. But the back is really easy to scratch, so I put a BSE on it. Perfect solution
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back