Does iAudio 7 Put Out Enough For Grado SR60s?
May 31, 2008 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

trancenweather

New Head-Fier
Hi...new to the forum here so go easy on me! I'm 26 and a TV meteorologist in Jackson, MS. My main music (for portable) is trance / techno and I'm big into car audio.

I've had Grado's SR-60s for 4 years, and am looking into 4GB and up Flash MP3 players. I want the best sound quality (of course), and Cowon's iAudio7 seems to fit my needs. I don't care about video anything...just supreme audio quality.

Will the iAudio7 put out enough power to make the most of my SR60s? Or, in order to please the SR60s, would I need a headphone amp no matter what MP3 player I buy?

Also any advice on an alternative to the iAudio 7 is appreciated. Again though I only care about audio quality. Thanks.

Jun 2, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 9
Iaudio 7 can drive SR60 within its abilities!
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by trancenweather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the iAudio7 put out enough power to make the most of my SR60s?

Yes, easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancenweather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also any advice on an alternative to the iAudio 7 is appreciated. Again though I only care about audio quality. Thanks.

I've owned many players over the years, but I currently only use two. One is a 16gig iAudio 7, and the other is a 160gig ipod classic. I prefer the sound of the classic for most types of music I listen to, but only by a slight margin. The sound quality of both of these players unamped is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back