Does DT 770 PRO need an amp?
Mar 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #31 of 37
Yes, but upgrading your source might be a better first step if you dont feel the need for an amp
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nidhogg22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would a Little Dot MK V be a good choice to lessen the flab on the bass?

I use a MKV with the 770/80s and get distortion in the really deep bass parts of certain music I have. I'm still trying to determine whether it's the amp (I think so) or the headphones. If it is the amp, I wonder if a Corda Arietta or GS-1 would resolve this problem.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use a MKV with the 770/80s and get distortion in the really deep bass parts of certain music I have. I'm still trying to determine whether it's the amp (I think so) or the headphones. If it is the amp, I wonder if a Corda Arietta or GS-1 would resolve this problem.

Must be the amp. When I used 770/80s with my Cambridge 340A, the bass was absolutely flawless, with no trace of distortion whatsoever.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Must be the amp. When I used 770/80s with my Cambridge 340A, the bass was absolutely flawless, with no trace of distortion whatsoever.

That Cambridge looks really interesting and is within my budget for a new amp.

Mar 13, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #35 of 37
I just got a pair of these and i really dont think they NEED an amp and that you will really enjoy them out of your ipod.

I tried them with a mini3 and the result was just slightly better but my battery was almost dead so i'll try them with the amp fully charged tonite but i'm not expecting a huge difference.

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #36 of 37
...I had the same problem. That is a problem of the headphone. It can be little pieces of hair in the Diaphragm.... Altough, when i have this headphone with my Arietta (Excellent Combo); i have to lower the volume below 50hz (10 db), and it solved the distortion.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #37 of 37
I used to own the old DT770s. They really need a good amp. They sound lifeless and murky without one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back