Does DT 770 PRO need an amp?
Feb 11, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 37
They're enoyable without a amp but you won't feel all of that deep bass that they're famous for without one.

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by locu64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're enoyable without a amp but you won't feel all of that deep bass that they're famous for without one.

The iAudio 7 will drive them to an enjoyable level but as locu64 describes, they won't slam you.

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 37
Yes, and amp will improve the sound considerably. I suggest something basic like a cmoy or a PA2V2.

Or, if you want something a lot better, look at a hornet M or a corda 2move.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
look at a hornet M

x2 on the Hornet. I think this combo sounds great, and I only wish I had the necessary cables to test my Hornet M and DT770/80 Pro with my new source, as I think it would be substantially better than my portable setup (5G iPod and LOD).

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #7 of 37
So with the iAudio 7 I don't need an amp. If I do get one (I'm considering a headSIX), in what way would the sound improve?

Thanks for all the replies so far.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedauntlessone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So with the iAudio 7 I don't need an amp. If I do get one (I'm considering a headSIX), in what way would the sound improve?

Thanks for all the replies so far.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LOUDER!!

I have a cowon d2 which I am guessing would be similar to the iAudio7. Without my amp I can put the volume right up to max and I still want more. I'm only using iGrado's which aren't very demanding headphones either. The impact of the bass will definitely be greater when using an amp also.

I'm going to be selling my total airhead if you are interested.

HeadRoom Total AirHead @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #11 of 37
So I purchased a headsix amp along with my beyer dt770 pro

I have to say, I really don't hear a difference. Before you say I am not able to tell the difference, I am able to tell SQ between headphones. I was also under the assumption that the amp will make A LOT of difference reading some of the responses. So far the only difference I see from using the amp is more volume and a bit cleaner sound at higher gain. I guess I should've just bought a better pair of headphones.

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedauntlessone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I purchased a headsix amp along with my beyer dt770 pro

I have to say, I really don't hear a difference. Before you say I am not able to tell the difference, I am able to tell SQ between headphones. I was also under the assumption that the amp will make A LOT of difference reading some of the responses. So far the only difference I see from using the amp is more volume and a bit cleaner sound at higher gain. I guess I should've just bought a better pair of headphones.

What type of music are you listening to while you test this combo?

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #14 of 37
ack. I was just about to buy a Leckerton UHA-3 to use with my DT770/80s, but after reading this I'm not so sure. I haven't really been dissatisfied with the sound straight out of my macbook pro, but I've always been yearning for more powerful bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back